If you have not figured out John Rankin’s Way yet, it’s simply all about having zero processed sugar in my body. I choose instead to eat healthier naturally sweetened foods.
This cake is delicious and healthy, but that doesn’t mean you can eat the whole cake in one day! Remember it can still have an effect on insulin levels, the pancreas, and the liver. All-natural foods are most wonderful and safe but we must always eat them in moderation or they can actually have less than healthful effects on our body.
When I started substituting recipes like this one for my old favorite store-bought processed and sugar-filled desserts, I lost weight and gained increased energy levels. My blood test results started looking like the levels I had in my teen years. My inflamed joints quit hurting for the first time in three decades. And I still fed my sweet tooth with delicious treats, but with healthy options like our Rankinshire Chocolate Cake. Enjoy without guilt and reap healthy benefits at the same time!
I sincerely care about you and the health of your family.
GET HEALTHY AMERICA!
Rankinshire Chocolate Cake
- 3/4 c coconut flour
- 1 tsp fine grain Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 9 large eggs
- 1 c melted coconut oil
- 1 c pure 100% maple syrup
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp honey
- splash of vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F grease a 9-in cake pan or cupcake pan with coconut oil or use cupcake liners.
- Mix together coconut flour, unrefined salt, baking soda, and cocoa powder in a small bowl.
- In a larger bowl mix together eggs, cooled coconut oil, and maple syrup.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 min for cake and 25 for cupcakes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Mix together and allow it to cool until it starts to thicken slightly then pour over cake.