https://rankinsway.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/chickpea-salad.jpg 2220 1080 tcouty https://rankinsway.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/rankin-logo-2.png tcouty2022-03-28 19:14:122022-03-28 19:15:13Chickpea Salad
John's Chickpea Salad
- 2 lbs dryed chickpeas, slow boiled until done, approximately 2 hrs let cool, then add
- 1 1/2 red, orange or yellow bell peppers
- 1 large red onion
- 1 whole garlic
- 1 bundle parsley
- 3 bundles basil approximately 30-40 leaves
- 1 extra large cucumber
- 5-6 celery sticks
- Handful of kalamata olives
- 6 tbsp cumin powder can add more
- 1 1/2 tbsp ground cardamom
- 4 tbsp oregano can add more
- 4 tbsp pink Himalayan salt try 4 but may need more. It's not too much, it's a lot of food.
- 1/2 cup real olive oil usually found at your closest middle eastern store. Check the harvest date, not sell by date.
- Chop peppers, onion, garlic, parsley, basil, cucumber, celery, and olives
- Mix all ingredients together well and refrigerate.
Best after 12 hours of refrigeration. This recipe makes a large amount of extremely delicious and healthy food that will last several days and feed many. A great lunch (or any other) meal. Goes great with raw goat or feta cheese.